Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon January 25, 2010
Turbine Plant Construction in Livingston County
Smithland, KY – Livingston County Officials say construction is expected to begin in spring or summer on an Ohio River hydroelectric power turbine. The power turbine is set to be built at the Smithland Locks and Dam. The Paducah Sun reports the project has all its necessary permits for construction to begin. Livingston County Judge-Executive Chris Lasher says up to 400 jobs will be available during the four-year construction phase.