Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon January 25, 2010
Turbine Plant Construction in Livingston County
Smithland, KY – Livingston County Officials say construction is expected to begin in spring or summer on an Ohio River hydroelectric power turbine. The power turbine is set to be built at the Smithland Locks and Dam. The Paducah Sun reports the project has all its necessary permits for construction to begin. Livingston County Judge-Executive Chris Lasher says up to 400 jobs will be available during the four-year construction phase.