Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu October 4, 2012
Tug Boat Helps Free LST 325
A World War II landing ship is on its way back to port, after being grounded in Lake Barkley for two days. U. S. Coast Guard Lieutenant Dan McQuate says a commercial tugboat helped free the U.S.S. LST 325 around 6:20 last night. McQuate says the ship’s crew used the anchor to help push the ship out of shallow water near Kuttawa.
The vessel ran aground Monday night after it left the navigation channel for unknown reasons. McQuate says the ship was set to refuel in Paducah, and head back to Evansville, Indiana, where it serves as a tourist attraction.