Most Active Stories
- Significant Accumulations of Snow and Ice Today, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu October 4, 2012
Tug Boat Helps Free LST 325
A World War II landing ship is on its way back to port, after being grounded in Lake Barkley for two days. U. S. Coast Guard Lieutenant Dan McQuate says a commercial tugboat helped free the U.S.S. LST 325 around 6:20 last night. McQuate says the ship’s crew used the anchor to help push the ship out of shallow water near Kuttawa.
The vessel ran aground Monday night after it left the navigation channel for unknown reasons. McQuate says the ship was set to refuel in Paducah, and head back to Evansville, Indiana, where it serves as a tourist attraction.