Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu October 4, 2012
Tug Boat Helps Free LST 325
A World War II landing ship is on its way back to port, after being grounded in Lake Barkley for two days. U. S. Coast Guard Lieutenant Dan McQuate says a commercial tugboat helped free the U.S.S. LST 325 around 6:20 last night. McQuate says the ship’s crew used the anchor to help push the ship out of shallow water near Kuttawa.
The vessel ran aground Monday night after it left the navigation channel for unknown reasons. McQuate says the ship was set to refuel in Paducah, and head back to Evansville, Indiana, where it serves as a tourist attraction.