Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu July 9, 2009
Trigg Rape Case set for April 2010
By Carrie Pond
Cadiz, KY – A Trigg County Circuit Judge has set the trial date for five of the men charged with raping a sixteen-year-old girl last Memorial Day weekend. The young men appeared in a Cadiz courtroom yesterday afternoon. All five are charged with raping the teen girl while she was heavily intoxicated. Judge CA "Woody" Woodall set the men's court date for April 19th 2010. During last year's preliminary hearing, the group said the sex was consensual. Two others involved in the case have not yet been indicted.