Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri October 24, 2008
Trigg Murder Case Goes to Grand Jury
By Carrie Pond
Roaring Springs, KY – A state police detective says a mother who survived an attack in which her three children were killed identified the suspect in the slayings. Police have charged 36-year-old Kevin Wayne Dunlap of Hopkinsville with three counts of capital murder, kidnapping, rape, attempted murder, burglary and tampering with physical evidence. The bodies of the children were discovered Oct. 15 after authorities responded to a house fire in the rural Roaring Spring community in Trigg County. Their mother was injured, but survived. A state police detective testified Friday that the mother identified Dunlap through a photo as the attacker. After the testimony, Judge James Redd sent the case to a grand jury.