Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Marriott Breaks Ground on Murray Springhill Suites Hotel
Mon May 27, 2013
Trigg County Resident Drowns in Lake Barkley
A Trigg County man drowned over the weekend after authorities say he fell from a fishing pier on Lake Barkley.
The body of 63-year-old Everett Pennington of Cadiz was pulled from the lake near a water access point Saturday evening.
Pennington's wife told state fish and wildlife investigators he had taken a golf cart to the pier to fish, but, after two hours, she went to look for him.
She and a neighbor found his body floating next to the pier.
Cadiz Police Department officials say the incident occurred about a mile north of the Lawrence Memorial Bridge in Canton.
Trigg County Coroner John Vinson III classified the death as an accidental drowning