Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon May 27, 2013
Trigg County Resident Drowns in Lake Barkley
A Trigg County man drowned over the weekend after authorities say he fell from a fishing pier on Lake Barkley.
The body of 63-year-old Everett Pennington of Cadiz was pulled from the lake near a water access point Saturday evening.
Pennington's wife told state fish and wildlife investigators he had taken a golf cart to the pier to fish, but, after two hours, she went to look for him.
She and a neighbor found his body floating next to the pier.
Cadiz Police Department officials say the incident occurred about a mile north of the Lawrence Memorial Bridge in Canton.
Trigg County Coroner John Vinson III classified the death as an accidental drowning