Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Mon May 27, 2013
Trigg County Resident Drowns in Lake Barkley
A Trigg County man drowned over the weekend after authorities say he fell from a fishing pier on Lake Barkley.
The body of 63-year-old Everett Pennington of Cadiz was pulled from the lake near a water access point Saturday evening.
Pennington's wife told state fish and wildlife investigators he had taken a golf cart to the pier to fish, but, after two hours, she went to look for him.
She and a neighbor found his body floating next to the pier.
Cadiz Police Department officials say the incident occurred about a mile north of the Lawrence Memorial Bridge in Canton.
Trigg County Coroner John Vinson III classified the death as an accidental drowning