Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu February 6, 2014
Trigg County, Owensboro Independent Named Districts Of Innovation
At its February meeting, the Kentucky Board of Education approved Trigg County and Owensboro Schools as Districts of Innovation.
The status relieves districts of certain administrative regulations and statutory provisions as well as the ability to waive local board policy in an effort to improve student learning and educational performance.
By "re-thinking" what a school might look like, districts are able to redesign student learning in an effort to engage and motivate more students and increase the numbers of those who are college- and career-ready.