Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu February 6, 2014
Trigg County, Owensboro Independent Named Districts Of Innovation
At its February meeting, the Kentucky Board of Education approved Trigg County and Owensboro Schools as Districts of Innovation.
The status relieves districts of certain administrative regulations and statutory provisions as well as the ability to waive local board policy in an effort to improve student learning and educational performance.
By "re-thinking" what a school might look like, districts are able to redesign student learning in an effort to engage and motivate more students and increase the numbers of those who are college- and career-ready.