Most Active Stories
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- Former Murray High Assistant Coach Pleads Guilty to Rape Cases
- Kentucky Baptists Take Credit for Failure of Medical Marijuana Bills
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 at 7 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
Roads & Highways
Wed January 23, 2013
Transportation Crews Prepare for Winter Storm
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet crews plan to pre-treat area highways ahead of freezing rain, sleet and snow expected to sweep through the region Thursday night into Friday. National Weather Service forecasters predict up to two inches of snow along a line north of Cape Girardeau to Madisonville with a mix of sleet freezing rain and snow south of that line. NWS officials say the forecast may change.
Meanwhile, Highway Crews are spraying brine today and tomorrow to prepare the roadways.