Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Roads & Highways
Wed January 23, 2013
Transportation Crews Prepare for Winter Storm
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet crews plan to pre-treat area highways ahead of freezing rain, sleet and snow expected to sweep through the region Thursday night into Friday. National Weather Service forecasters predict up to two inches of snow along a line north of Cape Girardeau to Madisonville with a mix of sleet freezing rain and snow south of that line. NWS officials say the forecast may change.
Meanwhile, Highway Crews are spraying brine today and tomorrow to prepare the roadways.