Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Roads & Highways
Wed January 23, 2013
Transportation Crews Prepare for Winter Storm
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet crews plan to pre-treat area highways ahead of freezing rain, sleet and snow expected to sweep through the region Thursday night into Friday. National Weather Service forecasters predict up to two inches of snow along a line north of Cape Girardeau to Madisonville with a mix of sleet freezing rain and snow south of that line. NWS officials say the forecast may change.
Meanwhile, Highway Crews are spraying brine today and tomorrow to prepare the roadways.