Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue March 19, 2013
Traffic Expected On New Ledbetter Bridge In Mid-Summer
Kentucky transportation officials say the new U.S. 60 Tennessee River Bridge will likely be ready for traffic by mid-summer. Transportation Cabinet chief engineer Jim LeFevre says the new bridge at Ledbetter is still on track to open well ahead of schedule. He says workers are making preparations to pour a deck on the new bridge's main truss span.
LeFevre says progress on the main truss has been slowed by weather and delays in shipments of steel from mills and fabricators, but the new bridge is still likely to open for two-lane traffic almost a year ahead of the original schedule.