Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue March 19, 2013
Traffic Expected On New Ledbetter Bridge In Mid-Summer
Kentucky transportation officials say the new U.S. 60 Tennessee River Bridge will likely be ready for traffic by mid-summer. Transportation Cabinet chief engineer Jim LeFevre says the new bridge at Ledbetter is still on track to open well ahead of schedule. He says workers are making preparations to pour a deck on the new bridge's main truss span.
LeFevre says progress on the main truss has been slowed by weather and delays in shipments of steel from mills and fabricators, but the new bridge is still likely to open for two-lane traffic almost a year ahead of the original schedule.