Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Roads & Highways
Fri January 25, 2013
Traffic Accidents in Ohio, Hopkins Counties Due to Ice
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Crews are reporting several accidents in the area due to icy conditions. KYTC spokesperson Keith Todd says highways through Hopkins, Muhlenberg and Ohio Counties have glazed over. An accident involving three semi trucks on Western Kentucky Parkway at the 84 mile marker in Ohio County is blocking all but one eastbound lane. Tow trucks are having diffuculty with the accident due to icing conditions.
Several vehicles are off the roadway along Interstate 69 Northbound between the 98 and 100 mile marker in Hopkins County. Traffic is down to one lane and moving slowly at mile 99 between Dawson Springs and the Pennyrile Parkway Interchange. Todd says motorists should slow down, buckle their seat belts and use extreme caution. Highway crews are spreading salt as quickly as possible.