Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Thu January 17, 2013
Toxic Levels Down In KY
Kentucky officials say an inventory that records industrial toxic releases in the state showed a reduction in releases in 2011.
The Department for Environmental Protection says onsite and offsite toxic releases were just over 83 and a half million pounds in 2011, a nearly 14 percent decrease from 2010. The figures include data from 423 facilities and 154 chemicals, including lead and arsenic-based compounds.