Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Thu January 17, 2013
Toxic Levels Down In KY
Kentucky officials say an inventory that records industrial toxic releases in the state showed a reduction in releases in 2011.
The Department for Environmental Protection says onsite and offsite toxic releases were just over 83 and a half million pounds in 2011, a nearly 14 percent decrease from 2010. The figures include data from 423 facilities and 154 chemicals, including lead and arsenic-based compounds.