Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Thu January 17, 2013
Toxic Levels Down In KY
Kentucky officials say an inventory that records industrial toxic releases in the state showed a reduction in releases in 2011.
The Department for Environmental Protection says onsite and offsite toxic releases were just over 83 and a half million pounds in 2011, a nearly 14 percent decrease from 2010. The figures include data from 423 facilities and 154 chemicals, including lead and arsenic-based compounds.