Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu January 17, 2013
Toxic Levels Down In KY
Kentucky officials say an inventory that records industrial toxic releases in the state showed a reduction in releases in 2011.
The Department for Environmental Protection says onsite and offsite toxic releases were just over 83 and a half million pounds in 2011, a nearly 14 percent decrease from 2010. The figures include data from 423 facilities and 154 chemicals, including lead and arsenic-based compounds.