Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon October 15, 2012
Tornado Touches Down in Mayfield
An EF-1 tornado hit Mayfield early Sunday morning injuring one and causing moderate damage to several buildings. The tornado touched down southeast of the Highway 80 and Purchase Parkway intersection around 6:35 a.m. with peak winds at 105 miles per hour. Several cars were shifted in a parking lot and one business lost part of its roof. No fatalities were reported.