Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri June 13, 2014
Tonight: BBC Films Paducah Square Dance For Doc
Tonight, a BBC film crew will be in Paducah to shoot part of a documentary about Southern music. Specifically, they'll be visiting a square dance, and it just so happens that the person who organized the BBC's visit is the one person to talk to if you want to know anything about Southern music or Southern culture: Dirt Daubers and Shack Shakers frontman J.D. Wilkes. Todd Hatton speaks with the musician, author, and filmmaker about how he got the BBC's attention.
The square dance is tonight at 7 at the Elks' Lodge at 310 North 4th Street in downtown Paducah. Everyone's invited to come as they are, dancer or not, and enjoy the music. There's a suggested $10 donation at the door.