Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Fri June 13, 2014
Tonight: BBC Films Paducah Square Dance For Doc
Tonight, a BBC film crew will be in Paducah to shoot part of a documentary about Southern music. Specifically, they'll be visiting a square dance, and it just so happens that the person who organized the BBC's visit is the one person to talk to if you want to know anything about Southern music or Southern culture: Dirt Daubers and Shack Shakers frontman J.D. Wilkes. Todd Hatton speaks with the musician, author, and filmmaker about how he got the BBC's attention.
The square dance is tonight at 7 at the Elks' Lodge at 310 North 4th Street in downtown Paducah. Everyone's invited to come as they are, dancer or not, and enjoy the music. There's a suggested $10 donation at the door.