Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon December 2, 2013
TN Woman Gets Royal Thank You
A Dyersburg woman has received a thank-you note from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge after crocheting booties and a cap for their infant son.
Mary Frances Anderson told the State Gazette that she has been crocheting since about 1970 and often makes gifts for babies.
Anderson knitted the gift for Prince George this summer, but it took a little encouragement to get her to send it. Anderson said she was worried that the present wasn't good enough, but everyone said it was. Anderson said she was surprised to receive a reply a few weeks later.
The card features a photo of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge standing outside the hospital with their new son and says the couple was touched by the thoughtful gift.