Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Wed October 2, 2013
TN Woman Arrested After False Cancer Claims
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation arrested a Gibson County mother yesterday.
This came after she solicited funds for her family saying her son has cancer, when in fact, he does not have the disease.
Jamie Decker, 35, of Medina, Tennessee was charged with one count of theft over $10,000. Doctors who treated Decker’s son determined that he does not have cancer, but suffers from care giver abuse at the hands of his mother. Decker was booked into the Gibson County Correctional Complex without bond.