Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed October 2, 2013
TN Woman Arrested After False Cancer Claims
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation arrested a Gibson County mother yesterday.
This came after she solicited funds for her family saying her son has cancer, when in fact, he does not have the disease.
Jamie Decker, 35, of Medina, Tennessee was charged with one count of theft over $10,000. Doctors who treated Decker’s son determined that he does not have cancer, but suffers from care giver abuse at the hands of his mother. Decker was booked into the Gibson County Correctional Complex without bond.