Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed October 2, 2013
TN Woman Arrested After False Cancer Claims
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation arrested a Gibson County mother yesterday.
This came after she solicited funds for her family saying her son has cancer, when in fact, he does not have the disease.
Jamie Decker, 35, of Medina, Tennessee was charged with one count of theft over $10,000. Doctors who treated Decker’s son determined that he does not have cancer, but suffers from care giver abuse at the hands of his mother. Decker was booked into the Gibson County Correctional Complex without bond.