Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed October 2, 2013
TN Woman Arrested After False Cancer Claims
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation arrested a Gibson County mother yesterday.
This came after she solicited funds for her family saying her son has cancer, when in fact, he does not have the disease.
Jamie Decker, 35, of Medina, Tennessee was charged with one count of theft over $10,000. Doctors who treated Decker’s son determined that he does not have cancer, but suffers from care giver abuse at the hands of his mother. Decker was booked into the Gibson County Correctional Complex without bond.