Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed October 2, 2013
TN Woman Arrested After False Cancer Claims
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation arrested a Gibson County mother yesterday.
This came after she solicited funds for her family saying her son has cancer, when in fact, he does not have the disease.
Jamie Decker, 35, of Medina, Tennessee was charged with one count of theft over $10,000. Doctors who treated Decker’s son determined that he does not have cancer, but suffers from care giver abuse at the hands of his mother. Decker was booked into the Gibson County Correctional Complex without bond.