Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri October 11, 2013
TN Wins Settlement From Discount Club Marketer
Tennessee is one of a group of states that has won a $30 million settlement against a marketing company the state says used confusing and deceptive business practices.
According to the state attorney general's office, Affinion and its subsidiaries offer a variety of services, including credit monitoring, roadside assistance and discount travel. Consumers complained that Affinion charged them for services without their authorization.
Some also reported that they had trouble canceling or getting a refund. Attorney General Bob Cooper says consumers should check their credit card and bank account statements and look for the names of Affinion's membership programs.