Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Wed July 4, 2012
TN Wildlife Refuge construction stalled
Problems with the contractor have stalled construction of the new Tennessee National Wildlife Refuge headquarters and visitor center in Paris.
The progress halted in early May when T.G. Constructors filed for bankruptcy. Wildlife Refuge Manager Barron Crawford told The Paris Post-Intelligencer that he began getting calls from subcontractors saying they were owed money from the construction company.
He says the architectural firm that designed the building is taking over the duties of the contractor.
The new 12,479-square-foot center is being built with funding from the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act. It will have a visitor's center, exhibit room, an auditorium, book store and an education room.
The original schedule called for completion by this fall.