Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Wed July 4, 2012
TN Wildlife Refuge construction stalled
Problems with the contractor have stalled construction of the new Tennessee National Wildlife Refuge headquarters and visitor center in Paris.
The progress halted in early May when T.G. Constructors filed for bankruptcy. Wildlife Refuge Manager Barron Crawford told The Paris Post-Intelligencer that he began getting calls from subcontractors saying they were owed money from the construction company.
He says the architectural firm that designed the building is taking over the duties of the contractor.
The new 12,479-square-foot center is being built with funding from the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act. It will have a visitor's center, exhibit room, an auditorium, book store and an education room.
The original schedule called for completion by this fall.