Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu December 27, 2012
TN State Parks Sponsor Hikes to Celebrate Anniversary
The Tennessee State Parks system is commemorating its 75th anniversary by sponsoring hikes at the start of the new year. State Environment and Conservation Commissioner Bob Martineau says each park will host its own special hike in the first few days of 2013.
Officials say the free, guided hikes will include short ones for novices and longer ones for the more experienced. The hikes are part of America's State Parks First Day Hikes, an initiative in all 50 states to connect people with the outdoors. Tennessee State Parks is also hosting other special events throughout the coming year to celebrate its 75th anniversary.