Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu December 27, 2012
TN State Parks Sponsor Hikes to Celebrate Anniversary
The Tennessee State Parks system is commemorating its 75th anniversary by sponsoring hikes at the start of the new year. State Environment and Conservation Commissioner Bob Martineau says each park will host its own special hike in the first few days of 2013.
Officials say the free, guided hikes will include short ones for novices and longer ones for the more experienced. The hikes are part of America's State Parks First Day Hikes, an initiative in all 50 states to connect people with the outdoors. Tennessee State Parks is also hosting other special events throughout the coming year to celebrate its 75th anniversary.