Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu December 27, 2012
TN State Parks Sponsor Hikes to Celebrate Anniversary
The Tennessee State Parks system is commemorating its 75th anniversary by sponsoring hikes at the start of the new year. State Environment and Conservation Commissioner Bob Martineau says each park will host its own special hike in the first few days of 2013.
Officials say the free, guided hikes will include short ones for novices and longer ones for the more experienced. The hikes are part of America's State Parks First Day Hikes, an initiative in all 50 states to connect people with the outdoors. Tennessee State Parks is also hosting other special events throughout the coming year to celebrate its 75th anniversary.