Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue October 1, 2013
TN State Fire Marshal's Office Urges Escape Plans
The state fire marshal's office is encouraging Tennessee residents to create an escape plan in case they are ever faced with a fire in their homes.
In preparation for the Tennessee Fire Prevention Week kickoff on Friday, the Oak Ridge Fire Department launched a public service announcement about home escape plans directed at families across Tennessee.
Tips from the state fire marshal's office include drawing a floor plan of the home and marking two ways out of every room.
Officials also suggest practicing home fire drills at night and during the day with everyone in the home, twice a year.