Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Tue October 1, 2013
TN State Fire Marshal's Office Urges Escape Plans
The state fire marshal's office is encouraging Tennessee residents to create an escape plan in case they are ever faced with a fire in their homes.
In preparation for the Tennessee Fire Prevention Week kickoff on Friday, the Oak Ridge Fire Department launched a public service announcement about home escape plans directed at families across Tennessee.
Tips from the state fire marshal's office include drawing a floor plan of the home and marking two ways out of every room.
Officials also suggest practicing home fire drills at night and during the day with everyone in the home, twice a year.