Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
Wed January 23, 2013
TN Senators Named to Top GOP Committee Posts
Tennessee's U.S. senators have been named the top Republicans of two key committees.
Senator Bob Corker will be the ranking GOP member on the Foreign Relations Committee, while Senator Lamar Alexander was selected by his colleagues to the same post on the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee. The ranking member works with the Democratic chairman to represent the Republican interests on the panel.