Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu January 30, 2014
TN Senate To Vote On Wine Bill
The Tennessee Senate is scheduled to vote this morning on whether to allow local governments to hold referendums on selling wine in supermarkets and convenience stores.
The measure is poised for a floor vote after the companion bill was revived in the House this week.
Under the House version of the proposal, any store deriving at least 20% of its sales from groceries could qualify for a license to sell wine.
The Senate is expected to adopt many of the elements of the House bill, though negotiations are still underway.
Under current law, supermarkets can't sell anything stronger than beer with an alcohol content of up to 6 point 5 percent by volume.