Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Wed January 30, 2013
TN Secretary of State Warns of Scam
The Tennessee secretary of state's office is warning businesses about letters asking for money to file their annual reports.
The notices are from an entity called Corporate Records Service and began arriving in mailboxes last week. The mailer looks like an official document and requests $125 dollars to file corporation annual reports. Secretary of State Tre Hargett urged Tennessee businesses to use caution before providing confidential information or credit card information to this company or any similar company.