Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Wed January 30, 2013
TN Secretary of State Warns of Scam
The Tennessee secretary of state's office is warning businesses about letters asking for money to file their annual reports.
The notices are from an entity called Corporate Records Service and began arriving in mailboxes last week. The mailer looks like an official document and requests $125 dollars to file corporation annual reports. Secretary of State Tre Hargett urged Tennessee businesses to use caution before providing confidential information or credit card information to this company or any similar company.