Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Wed January 30, 2013
TN Secretary of State Warns of Scam
The Tennessee secretary of state's office is warning businesses about letters asking for money to file their annual reports.
The notices are from an entity called Corporate Records Service and began arriving in mailboxes last week. The mailer looks like an official document and requests $125 dollars to file corporation annual reports. Secretary of State Tre Hargett urged Tennessee businesses to use caution before providing confidential information or credit card information to this company or any similar company.