Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri January 25, 2013
TN Representative Wants to Block ACA
Freshman state Rep. Jeremy Durham has filed a House bill seeking to block Tennessee from expanding Medicaid under the federal health care overhaul.
Durham noted the experience of TennCare, the state's expanded Medicaid program that was plagued by out-of-control costs until former Governor Phil Bredesen made deep cuts to enrollment and benefits in 2005. Republican Governor Bill Haslam has not said whether he will pursue Medicaid expansion. The federal government would pick up the full costs of Medicaid expansion for the first three years and 90 percent thereafter.