Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Wed January 8, 2014
TN Raising Library Awareness
Tennessee is joining a national campaign to raise awareness about funding needs at public libraries.
The "Geek the Library" campaign encourages people to talk about subjects they are passionate about, ranging from engineering to superheroes.
It stresses that public libraries have books and other materials that cover a wide range of interests.
Secretary of State Tre Hargett says that more than 170 libraries around the state are participating in the campaign that stresses that everybody is interested in something.
State librarians plan to speak at public meetings, fairs and other civic events about the campaign, and host storytelling contests and other activities to raise awareness