Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed January 8, 2014
TN Raising Library Awareness
Tennessee is joining a national campaign to raise awareness about funding needs at public libraries.
The "Geek the Library" campaign encourages people to talk about subjects they are passionate about, ranging from engineering to superheroes.
It stresses that public libraries have books and other materials that cover a wide range of interests.
Secretary of State Tre Hargett says that more than 170 libraries around the state are participating in the campaign that stresses that everybody is interested in something.
State librarians plan to speak at public meetings, fairs and other civic events about the campaign, and host storytelling contests and other activities to raise awareness