Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Wed October 30, 2013
TN Program Seeks To Create More School Principals
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam is launching a new leadership program he hopes will create a pipeline of highly trained principals for schools.
The state will work with Vanderbilt University and local districts to nominate, select and train up to 30 participants a year in the program.
Officials say the program is aimed at closing achievement gaps in lower performing schools and maintaining high levels of achievement for all students. Haslam says one way to meet those goals is to have each school "led by a great principal."