Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed October 30, 2013
TN Program Seeks To Create More School Principals
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam is launching a new leadership program he hopes will create a pipeline of highly trained principals for schools.
The state will work with Vanderbilt University and local districts to nominate, select and train up to 30 participants a year in the program.
Officials say the program is aimed at closing achievement gaps in lower performing schools and maintaining high levels of achievement for all students. Haslam says one way to meet those goals is to have each school "led by a great principal."