Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri December 28, 2012
TN Police Step Up DUI Enforcement for New Year's
Tennessee law enforcement will be using the new "no refusal" law over the weekend before New Year's Eve that allows police to get blood samples of suspected drunken drivers. Previously drivers in Tennessee could refuse a blood alcohol content test but they would face losing their licenses for violating the "implied consent" law. The law passed this year allows police to seek search warrants for blood samples. Police have held "no refusal" enforcement periods during several holidays this year.
Sixteen counties across the state will participate in the enforcement period that begins at 6 p.m. Friday and ends at midnight Tuesday. Five people died in vehicle-related accidents last year during the New Year's Eve holiday in Tennessee.