Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri November 15, 2013
TN Panel Reviewing Veterans’ Education Opportunities
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam wants to help veterans seeking a higher education.
He has formed a task force to evaluate how to best serve those seeking a certificate or degree beyond high school.
The task force will try to raise the number of Tennesseans with a certificate or degree beyond high school from 32% to 55% by the year 2025.
Members of the panel will speak to higher education leaders, veterans, advocacy groups and others and present recommendations to the governor in June 2014.