Most Active Stories
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
Fri November 15, 2013
TN Panel Reviewing Veterans’ Education Opportunities
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam wants to help veterans seeking a higher education.
He has formed a task force to evaluate how to best serve those seeking a certificate or degree beyond high school.
The task force will try to raise the number of Tennesseans with a certificate or degree beyond high school from 32% to 55% by the year 2025.
Members of the panel will speak to higher education leaders, veterans, advocacy groups and others and present recommendations to the governor in June 2014.