Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Fri November 15, 2013
TN Panel Reviewing Veterans’ Education Opportunities
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam wants to help veterans seeking a higher education.
He has formed a task force to evaluate how to best serve those seeking a certificate or degree beyond high school.
The task force will try to raise the number of Tennesseans with a certificate or degree beyond high school from 32% to 55% by the year 2025.
Members of the panel will speak to higher education leaders, veterans, advocacy groups and others and present recommendations to the governor in June 2014.