Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue January 29, 2013
TN Officials Meet on School Safety
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam and state education officials will participate in a school safety summit today.
Officials say the one-day event is designed to discuss current safety resources and practices, as well as hear from leading state and national experts on safety, law enforcement and mental health. The summit follows one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history, when a gunman killed 20 children and six adults last month at an elementary school in Connecticut. In Tennessee, school districts and local governments are starting to take or recommend more safety measures, including more safety officers.