Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Tue January 29, 2013
TN Officials Meet on School Safety
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam and state education officials will participate in a school safety summit today.
Officials say the one-day event is designed to discuss current safety resources and practices, as well as hear from leading state and national experts on safety, law enforcement and mental health. The summit follows one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history, when a gunman killed 20 children and six adults last month at an elementary school in Connecticut. In Tennessee, school districts and local governments are starting to take or recommend more safety measures, including more safety officers.