Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue January 29, 2013
TN Officials Meet on School Safety
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam and state education officials will participate in a school safety summit today.
Officials say the one-day event is designed to discuss current safety resources and practices, as well as hear from leading state and national experts on safety, law enforcement and mental health. The summit follows one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history, when a gunman killed 20 children and six adults last month at an elementary school in Connecticut. In Tennessee, school districts and local governments are starting to take or recommend more safety measures, including more safety officers.