Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon July 8, 2013
TN Offenders can pay fines, fees online or by phone
The Tennessee Department of Correction has added an automated fee payment system for court-ordered fines, fees and restitution. There is a charge to use the online or telephone payment system, but the vendor isn't charging the state for the service. Correction Commissioner Derrick Schofield says the system will free up probation/parole officers to spend more time supervising offenders in communities.
He says it will also result in fewer people going back to jail for failing to pay fees. Offenders who want to avoid the convenience fee can still mail in money orders.