Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon July 8, 2013
TN Offenders can pay fines, fees online or by phone
The Tennessee Department of Correction has added an automated fee payment system for court-ordered fines, fees and restitution. There is a charge to use the online or telephone payment system, but the vendor isn't charging the state for the service. Correction Commissioner Derrick Schofield says the system will free up probation/parole officers to spend more time supervising offenders in communities.
He says it will also result in fewer people going back to jail for failing to pay fees. Offenders who want to avoid the convenience fee can still mail in money orders.