Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Wed January 30, 2013
TN Lawyers Offer Free Help Line
A coalition of Tennessee legal groups is launching a toll-free phone line offering free legal information for civil issues.
The service is called aLEGALz (AY' LEE'-gal ZEE'). Those who cannot afford a lawyer may call (888) aLEGALz at any time. Calls will be returned by a licensed Tennessee lawyer who can provide referrals to legal service providers, pro bono assistance programs, free legal clinics and social service providers. According to a news release from the Administrative Office of the Courts, low-income Tennesseans can use the hotline to get help with a range of issues including divorce, child custody and employment issues.