Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed January 30, 2013
TN Lawyers Offer Free Help Line
A coalition of Tennessee legal groups is launching a toll-free phone line offering free legal information for civil issues.
The service is called aLEGALz (AY' LEE'-gal ZEE'). Those who cannot afford a lawyer may call (888) aLEGALz at any time. Calls will be returned by a licensed Tennessee lawyer who can provide referrals to legal service providers, pro bono assistance programs, free legal clinics and social service providers. According to a news release from the Administrative Office of the Courts, low-income Tennesseans can use the hotline to get help with a range of issues including divorce, child custody and employment issues.