Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed January 30, 2013
TN Lawyers Offer Free Help Line
A coalition of Tennessee legal groups is launching a toll-free phone line offering free legal information for civil issues.
The service is called aLEGALz (AY' LEE'-gal ZEE'). Those who cannot afford a lawyer may call (888) aLEGALz at any time. Calls will be returned by a licensed Tennessee lawyer who can provide referrals to legal service providers, pro bono assistance programs, free legal clinics and social service providers. According to a news release from the Administrative Office of the Courts, low-income Tennesseans can use the hotline to get help with a range of issues including divorce, child custody and employment issues.