Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue March 12, 2013
TN Lawmakers Vote Against Hotel Allowances
A proposal to eliminate hotel allowances for some Tennessee lawmakers passed the House today despite concerns that it might hurt those who use the excess to defray other unreimbursed expenses. The measure sponsored by Republican Rick Womick of Murfreesboro was approved 71-15 yesterday. It would eliminate a $107-per-night hotel payment for the 33 legislators who live within 50 miles of the state Capitol. The legislation would continue to provide a $66 daily meals allowance for all lawmakers. Womick said the main purpose is to let taxpayers know their money isn't being wasted.