Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu November 14, 2013
TN Lawmakers Request Textbook Review
The heads of two Tennessee state legislative committees say the process for selecting books for state schools needs to be fixed.
Senate Education Committee Chairwoman Dolores Gresham and Senate Government Operations Committee Chairman Mike Bell have sent a letter to the State Board of Education asking the panel to re-examine the list of books recommended by the state Textbook Commission.
The two committees heard testimony from parents earlier this month about the content of books.
Gresham said the testimony revealed "inaccuracies" and "biases" in some of the books used by K-12 students.