Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed July 22, 2009
TN, KY Top Nation in Marijuana Cultivation
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Tennessee and Kentucky are two of the nation's top-ranking marijuana producers, according to recent numbers. Tennessee ranks second, producing nearly 4 point 8 billion dollars worth. Third-ranking Kentucky produced nearly as much, with an estimated 4 point 4 billion dollars worth cultivated last year. Kentucky State Police have stepped up enforcement during growing season for the plant, which generally lasts from April until October. This month alone, KSP officers have seized more than 500 plants in western Kentucky, including 150 last week in Todd County.