Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed April 25, 2012
TN House panel kills guns bill, NRA pushes floor vote
A Tennessee House committee has voted to kill a guns measure that has pitched firearms advocates against business groups. The House Calendar Committee voted 15-8 Tuesday to send the bill to a study committee after the Legislature adjourns for the year. The measure backed by the National Rifle Association would allow anybody with a state-issued handgun carry permit to store loaded firearms in their vehicles parked on company lots - regardless of their employers' wishes. NRA lobbyist Darren LaSorte says he will push for calling the bill directly to the House floor. It would take a two-thirds vote in the 99-member chamber to override the committee action.