Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue November 27, 2012
TN House GOP Renominates Harwell
Republican Beth Harwell will serve another term as head of the Tennessee House, but Rep. Judd Matheny was ousted from the No. 2 slot. Clarksville Rep. Curtis Johnson defeated the Tullahoma incumbent.
Matheny had publicly considered challenging Harwell for the top spot but decided to seek another term as pro tempore. Majority leader Gerald McCormick was unopposed for another term and Rep. Glen Casada was elected Republican caucus chairman.