Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Tue November 27, 2012
TN House GOP Renominates Harwell
Republican Beth Harwell will serve another term as head of the Tennessee House, but Rep. Judd Matheny was ousted from the No. 2 slot. Clarksville Rep. Curtis Johnson defeated the Tullahoma incumbent.
Matheny had publicly considered challenging Harwell for the top spot but decided to seek another term as pro tempore. Majority leader Gerald McCormick was unopposed for another term and Rep. Glen Casada was elected Republican caucus chairman.