Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Tue November 27, 2012
TN House GOP Renominates Harwell
Republican Beth Harwell will serve another term as head of the Tennessee House, but Rep. Judd Matheny was ousted from the No. 2 slot. Clarksville Rep. Curtis Johnson defeated the Tullahoma incumbent.
Matheny had publicly considered challenging Harwell for the top spot but decided to seek another term as pro tempore. Majority leader Gerald McCormick was unopposed for another term and Rep. Glen Casada was elected Republican caucus chairman.