Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Tue November 27, 2012
TN House GOP Renominates Harwell
Republican Beth Harwell will serve another term as head of the Tennessee House, but Rep. Judd Matheny was ousted from the No. 2 slot. Clarksville Rep. Curtis Johnson defeated the Tullahoma incumbent.
Matheny had publicly considered challenging Harwell for the top spot but decided to seek another term as pro tempore. Majority leader Gerald McCormick was unopposed for another term and Rep. Glen Casada was elected Republican caucus chairman.