Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed October 30, 2013
TN Historical Commission Taking Grant Applications
The Tennessee Historical Commission will start taking grant applications for historic preservation projects for next year starting tomorrow.
Officials say the amount of funds available for grants in Tennessee is expected to be about $200,000.
The selection progress will emphasize projects such as architectural and archaeological surveys, design guidelines for historic districts and the rehabilitation of historic buildings.
The grants will pay up to 60 percent of the project work.
The grant recipient must provide the remaining 40 percent of the costs as matching funds. Applications must be submitted by January 31.