Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue January 14, 2014
TN Healthcare Enrollment Reaches 50K
More than 50,000 Tennesseans have signed up for coverage under the new health insurance exchange established under President Barack Obama's law.
According to nationwide statistics released Monday, more than 2 million people had enrolled through the end of the year.
Three out of every four people eligible for the exchange also qualified for financial subsidies. And two out of three enrollees selected the mid-level "silver" plan.
Adults from ages 55-64 were 35% of the total, while young adults between 18 and 34 made up just 24%. Independent experts say that total needs to be closer to 40% to control costs.