Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue January 14, 2014
TN Healthcare Enrollment Reaches 50K
More than 50,000 Tennesseans have signed up for coverage under the new health insurance exchange established under President Barack Obama's law.
According to nationwide statistics released Monday, more than 2 million people had enrolled through the end of the year.
Three out of every four people eligible for the exchange also qualified for financial subsidies. And two out of three enrollees selected the mid-level "silver" plan.
Adults from ages 55-64 were 35% of the total, while young adults between 18 and 34 made up just 24%. Independent experts say that total needs to be closer to 40% to control costs.