Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Wed September 18, 2013
TN Guide To Provide Assistance To New Investors
The Securities Division with the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance is sharing a new resource for investors. It's making available a guide for individuals new to investing called, "Cutting through the confusion: Where to turn for help with your investment." Commerce and Insurance Commissioner Julie Mix McPeak points out that investing can be a complicated process and that it's important for a person not comfortable handling his or her own investments to get help from a financial services professional.
She says the guide helps consumers decide what professional is right for their needs. Assistant Commissioner for Securities Daphne Smith recommends that people who are new to investing know the differences between providers, the services they can provide and the regulations they are subject to.