Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed May 8, 2013
TN Governor Signs Workers' Comp Legislation
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has signed a measure to change the way the state considers injured workers' claims. The Republican governor held a ceremonial signing at a foundry in Clarksville yesterday. A major feature of the measure is that it removes workers' compensation cases from the state's trial courts and instead creates special panels appointed by the governor to hear claims and appeals. The legislation passed the Senate 28-2, and the House approved it 68-24.