Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed May 8, 2013
TN Governor Signs Workers' Comp Legislation
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has signed a measure to change the way the state considers injured workers' claims. The Republican governor held a ceremonial signing at a foundry in Clarksville yesterday. A major feature of the measure is that it removes workers' compensation cases from the state's trial courts and instead creates special panels appointed by the governor to hear claims and appeals. The legislation passed the Senate 28-2, and the House approved it 68-24.