Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue January 22, 2013
TN Governor Prepares For State of the State Address
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has no public events scheduled this week as he prepares to deliver his annual State of the State address.
The Republican governor has only attended four public events since the beginning the year, with each of them coming last week. Haslam has been keeping the details of his legislative agenda close to his vest, only giving fleeting details about his plans to introduce measures to create a school voucher program and to change workers' compensation rules. The governor is scheduled to deliver the speech outlining his annual budget plan and his legislative proposals Monday.