Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Tue January 22, 2013
TN Governor Prepares For State of the State Address
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has no public events scheduled this week as he prepares to deliver his annual State of the State address.
The Republican governor has only attended four public events since the beginning the year, with each of them coming last week. Haslam has been keeping the details of his legislative agenda close to his vest, only giving fleeting details about his plans to introduce measures to create a school voucher program and to change workers' compensation rules. The governor is scheduled to deliver the speech outlining his annual budget plan and his legislative proposals Monday.