Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon August 19, 2013
TN Gov. Visiting KY Lake Region This Week
Tennessee Republican Governor Bill Haslam is visiting businesses in three rural counties west of Nashville this week. Haslam is headed to Benton, Humphreys and Houston counties in the Kentucky Lake region tomorrow. He plans to visit Jones Plastic and Engineering in Camden, DuPont Titanium Technologies in New Johnsonville and Glastonbury Southern Gage in Erin.
The governor also has two public events in Nashville this week, starting with a visit to Percy Priest Elementary School today. On Thursday, the governor plans to attend a foreign policy discussion featuring U.S. Sen. Bob Corker. That event is hosted by the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition, which last week named former Governor Phil Bredesen and former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist as co-chairmen of its Tennessee State Advisory committee.