Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon August 19, 2013
TN Gov. Visiting KY Lake Region This Week
Tennessee Republican Governor Bill Haslam is visiting businesses in three rural counties west of Nashville this week. Haslam is headed to Benton, Humphreys and Houston counties in the Kentucky Lake region tomorrow. He plans to visit Jones Plastic and Engineering in Camden, DuPont Titanium Technologies in New Johnsonville and Glastonbury Southern Gage in Erin.
The governor also has two public events in Nashville this week, starting with a visit to Percy Priest Elementary School today. On Thursday, the governor plans to attend a foreign policy discussion featuring U.S. Sen. Bob Corker. That event is hosted by the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition, which last week named former Governor Phil Bredesen and former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist as co-chairmen of its Tennessee State Advisory committee.