Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed August 7, 2013
TN Gov. Haslam Announces Health And Wellness Initiative
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has announced a new statewide health and wellness initiative. Haslam visited the Church Health Center Memphis yesterday to launch the "Healthier Tennessee" program. Haslam said the initiative will encourage residents to be more physically active and eat nutritious foods like fruits and vegetables. The program also asks people to stop using tobacco, or never start. He noted Tennessee is one of the least healthy states, with high rates of high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes
and heart disease. The initiative will bring together employers, health care providers, health insurance companies, schools and community organizations to promote healthier behaviors. The Governor's Foundation for Health and Wellness, based in Nashville, will direct the initiative.