Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed August 7, 2013
TN Gov. Haslam Announces Health And Wellness Initiative
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has announced a new statewide health and wellness initiative. Haslam visited the Church Health Center Memphis yesterday to launch the "Healthier Tennessee" program. Haslam said the initiative will encourage residents to be more physically active and eat nutritious foods like fruits and vegetables. The program also asks people to stop using tobacco, or never start. He noted Tennessee is one of the least healthy states, with high rates of high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes
and heart disease. The initiative will bring together employers, health care providers, health insurance companies, schools and community organizations to promote healthier behaviors. The Governor's Foundation for Health and Wellness, based in Nashville, will direct the initiative.