Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed August 7, 2013
TN Gov. Haslam Announces Health And Wellness Initiative
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has announced a new statewide health and wellness initiative. Haslam visited the Church Health Center Memphis yesterday to launch the "Healthier Tennessee" program. Haslam said the initiative will encourage residents to be more physically active and eat nutritious foods like fruits and vegetables. The program also asks people to stop using tobacco, or never start. He noted Tennessee is one of the least healthy states, with high rates of high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes
and heart disease. The initiative will bring together employers, health care providers, health insurance companies, schools and community organizations to promote healthier behaviors. The Governor's Foundation for Health and Wellness, based in Nashville, will direct the initiative.