Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Fri November 8, 2013
TN GOP Settles Lawsuit
The Tennessee GOP and former chief of staff Mark Winslow have settled a lawsuit over the public disclosure of his severance pay after he left the party.
State Party Chairman Chris Devaney calls the agreement "amicable" and says he looked forward to putting the episode behind the party. Terms were not disclosed.
Devaney chose not to retain Winslow after he was elected to replace Chairwoman Robin Smith, who left to run for Congress in 2009.
Winslow went to work as a top aide to Smith's campaign, and later details of the confidential severance agreement became the subject of media reports and television ads by the campaign of U.S. Rep. Chuck Fleischmann.