Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon November 26, 2012
TN General Assembly to Vote for Republican Leaders
The Tennessee General Assembly votes for Republican leaders today. House Speaker Beth Harwell is unopposed in her bid for another term the head of the lower chamber. Although no one has stepped up to challenge Harwell, there are challengers for the number two position, House Speaker Pro Tempore. Curtis Johnson of Clarksville is running against incumbent Judd Matheny of Tullahoma.
House Majority Leader Gerald McCormick of Chattanooga is unopposed and Franklin Rep. Glen Casada is expected to return as caucus chairman.