Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon November 26, 2012
TN General Assembly to Vote for Republican Leaders
The Tennessee General Assembly votes for Republican leaders today. House Speaker Beth Harwell is unopposed in her bid for another term the head of the lower chamber. Although no one has stepped up to challenge Harwell, there are challengers for the number two position, House Speaker Pro Tempore. Curtis Johnson of Clarksville is running against incumbent Judd Matheny of Tullahoma.
House Majority Leader Gerald McCormick of Chattanooga is unopposed and Franklin Rep. Glen Casada is expected to return as caucus chairman.