Most Active Stories
- Strong Winter Storm Bringing Significant Snow and Ice Accumulations
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Mon August 12, 2013
TN Exports Increase $300 million In First Half
Tennessee's exports increased 1% in the first half of the year, setting a new record for the state. The International Trade Administration says exports were $16 billion, up $300 million from the same period last year. The biggest export gains were increases of 60%to Singapore, 26% to the United Arab Emirates, 26% to South Korea and 17%to the Netherlands.
The Intentional Trade Association's Commercial Service has 100 offices in the United States — including in Nashville, Knoxville and Memphis — and in American embassies and consulates in more than 70 countries.