Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon March 11, 2013
TN Enrollment Bill To Go to Floor Tonight
A proposal to tighten enrollment requirements at Tennessee’s online-only schools is expected to be on the Senate floor tonight.
The administration bill from Gov. Bill Haslam would allow beginning online schools to start with an enrollment of 1,500 and continue to expand as long as they meet performance requirements. Critics of virtual schools have sought to limit their enrollment or do away with the ones operated privately after reports of the low performance of Tennessee Virtual Academy, the state's only privately operated virtual school.