Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Mon September 9, 2013
TN Duck Hunting Begins This Week
Tennessee’s Early hunting season for wood ducks and teal begins this week. According to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, the season runs from this Saturday to September 18 with a daily bag limit of four, not to exceed two wood ducks.
Hunters must have a valid state hunting license in their possession as well as a Tennessee Migratory Bird Permit. Hunters aged 16 and older also must have a Federal Duck Stamp. The early hunting season for Canada geese will run from September 1st through the 15th. For more information visit www.tnwildlife.org and look under the "for hunters" section.