Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon September 9, 2013
TN Duck Hunting Begins This Week
Tennessee’s Early hunting season for wood ducks and teal begins this week. According to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, the season runs from this Saturday to September 18 with a daily bag limit of four, not to exceed two wood ducks.
Hunters must have a valid state hunting license in their possession as well as a Tennessee Migratory Bird Permit. Hunters aged 16 and older also must have a Federal Duck Stamp. The early hunting season for Canada geese will run from September 1st through the 15th. For more information visit www.tnwildlife.org and look under the "for hunters" section.