Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Mon September 10, 2012
TN Driver's license renewals shifting to self-service
Tennesseeresidents needing to renew or replace their driver's licenses could be using self-service kiosks by November. State officials say kiosk locations could include libraries, police precincts and county clerk's offices. Officials are in talks with a national retail outlet chain where some kiosks may be located.
State Driver License Issuance office director Michael Hogan says the goal is to give customers more options and easy access, as opposed to going to driver service centers. Out of the over four and a half million Tennesseans with driver's licenses, Hogan says 745,000 each year are renewals. Officials hope to have 80 percent of those renewals done using the kiosks.