Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon September 10, 2012
TN Driver's license renewals shifting to self-service
Tennesseeresidents needing to renew or replace their driver's licenses could be using self-service kiosks by November. State officials say kiosk locations could include libraries, police precincts and county clerk's offices. Officials are in talks with a national retail outlet chain where some kiosks may be located.
State Driver License Issuance office director Michael Hogan says the goal is to give customers more options and easy access, as opposed to going to driver service centers. Out of the over four and a half million Tennesseans with driver's licenses, Hogan says 745,000 each year are renewals. Officials hope to have 80 percent of those renewals done using the kiosks.