Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu November 29, 2012
TN Democrats Elect Leaders
Tennessee Senate Democrats re-elected Sen. Jim Kyle as minority leader and Sen. Lowe Finney as caucus chairman. The Democrats lost six seats earlier this month. Now they only have seven of 33 seats in the upper chamber of the General Assembly.
Kyle was elected Wednesday to his fifth two-year term as leader and Finney to his third as caucus chairman. Senate Democrats also reappointed Sens. Douglas Henry and Reginald Tate to the fiscal review committee and named former Senator Bob Rochelle to the Tennessee Registry of Election Finance.