Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- Murray City Council to Consider Anti-Begging Ordinance, Halfway to Downtown Park Fundraising $
- Kentuckians, Get Ready For Health Insurance Rate Hikes
- Could Rand Paul’s Struggling Presidential Bid Imperil His Senate Seat, Too?
Thu November 29, 2012
TN Democrats Elect Leaders
Tennessee Senate Democrats re-elected Sen. Jim Kyle as minority leader and Sen. Lowe Finney as caucus chairman. The Democrats lost six seats earlier this month. Now they only have seven of 33 seats in the upper chamber of the General Assembly.
Kyle was elected Wednesday to his fifth two-year term as leader and Finney to his third as caucus chairman. Senate Democrats also reappointed Sens. Douglas Henry and Reginald Tate to the fiscal review committee and named former Senator Bob Rochelle to the Tennessee Registry of Election Finance.