Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu November 29, 2012
TN Democrats Elect Leaders
Tennessee Senate Democrats re-elected Sen. Jim Kyle as minority leader and Sen. Lowe Finney as caucus chairman. The Democrats lost six seats earlier this month. Now they only have seven of 33 seats in the upper chamber of the General Assembly.
Kyle was elected Wednesday to his fifth two-year term as leader and Finney to his third as caucus chairman. Senate Democrats also reappointed Sens. Douglas Henry and Reginald Tate to the fiscal review committee and named former Senator Bob Rochelle to the Tennessee Registry of Election Finance.