Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Upcoming State Budget Deficit Could Exceed $400 million
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
Mon February 4, 2013
TN DCS Commissioner to Meet with Legislative Panel
A state legislative committee is expected to hear from the head of the embattled Tennessee Department of Children's Services this week. Commissioner Kate O'Day is scheduled to address questions from the Senate Health and Welfare Committee on Wednesday.
DCS has been heavily criticized for its refusal to release records related to the abuse and death of children under its care. Lawmakers are concerned with diminishing oversight of DCS. In the past two years at least a half-dozen groups that monitored DCS have been eliminated.