Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon February 4, 2013
TN DCS Commissioner to Meet with Legislative Panel
A state legislative committee is expected to hear from the head of the embattled Tennessee Department of Children's Services this week. Commissioner Kate O'Day is scheduled to address questions from the Senate Health and Welfare Committee on Wednesday.
DCS has been heavily criticized for its refusal to release records related to the abuse and death of children under its care. Lawmakers are concerned with diminishing oversight of DCS. In the past two years at least a half-dozen groups that monitored DCS have been eliminated.