Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon February 4, 2013
TN DCS Commissioner to Meet with Legislative Panel
A state legislative committee is expected to hear from the head of the embattled Tennessee Department of Children's Services this week. Commissioner Kate O'Day is scheduled to address questions from the Senate Health and Welfare Committee on Wednesday.
DCS has been heavily criticized for its refusal to release records related to the abuse and death of children under its care. Lawmakers are concerned with diminishing oversight of DCS. In the past two years at least a half-dozen groups that monitored DCS have been eliminated.