Most Active Stories
- School Closings and Delays: Tuesday, Feb 24
- Chuck Todd: Rand Paul a 'Tier 1' 2016 Candidate; Ky. Dems Not Aligned with National Party
- MSU Board of Regents Approve Tuition Increase and Honors College
- UPDATE: NWS Expects Heavy Rain and Snowfall Event Wednesday
- Families Of Sick Children Ask To Bring Cannabis Oil Into Tennessee
Mon November 11, 2013
TN Budget Hearings Get Underway
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam's annual budget hearings are getting underway this week. The Republican governor will kick off the annual public discussions with agency leaders at the Capitol tomorrow with the Education Department.
Wednesday's hearings include the correction and safety departments, while the governor will hear from the revenue and agriculture departments on Thursday.
Friday's hearings include the higher education and the state lottery.
The hearings come among sluggish revenue reports for the state. Through the first quarter the state's general fund collections have fallen nearly $100 million short of projections.