Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon November 11, 2013
TN Budget Hearings Get Underway
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam's annual budget hearings are getting underway this week. The Republican governor will kick off the annual public discussions with agency leaders at the Capitol tomorrow with the Education Department.
Wednesday's hearings include the correction and safety departments, while the governor will hear from the revenue and agriculture departments on Thursday.
Friday's hearings include the higher education and the state lottery.
The hearings come among sluggish revenue reports for the state. Through the first quarter the state's general fund collections have fallen nearly $100 million short of projections.