Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon November 11, 2013
TN Budget Hearings Get Underway
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam's annual budget hearings are getting underway this week. The Republican governor will kick off the annual public discussions with agency leaders at the Capitol tomorrow with the Education Department.
Wednesday's hearings include the correction and safety departments, while the governor will hear from the revenue and agriculture departments on Thursday.
Friday's hearings include the higher education and the state lottery.
The hearings come among sluggish revenue reports for the state. Through the first quarter the state's general fund collections have fallen nearly $100 million short of projections.