Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon November 11, 2013
TN Budget Hearings Get Underway
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam's annual budget hearings are getting underway this week. The Republican governor will kick off the annual public discussions with agency leaders at the Capitol tomorrow with the Education Department.
Wednesday's hearings include the correction and safety departments, while the governor will hear from the revenue and agriculture departments on Thursday.
Friday's hearings include the higher education and the state lottery.
The hearings come among sluggish revenue reports for the state. Through the first quarter the state's general fund collections have fallen nearly $100 million short of projections.