Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Mon November 11, 2013
TN Budget Hearings Get Underway
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam's annual budget hearings are getting underway this week. The Republican governor will kick off the annual public discussions with agency leaders at the Capitol tomorrow with the Education Department.
Wednesday's hearings include the correction and safety departments, while the governor will hear from the revenue and agriculture departments on Thursday.
Friday's hearings include the higher education and the state lottery.
The hearings come among sluggish revenue reports for the state. Through the first quarter the state's general fund collections have fallen nearly $100 million short of projections.